Tomas Bachot (’89, Belgium) is a visual artist.
He self-published two books: ‘Obruni’ (2014) & ‘Those who eat fish from the cyanide lake improve their sex life’ (2016). In the same year the Fotomuseum of Antwerp selected him as upcoming talent.
He graduated with the greatest honours as Master in Visuals Arts at School of Arts/KASK, Ghent. Before he completed a Bachelor in Journalism.
He currently lives and works in Antwerp, Belgium.
︎ ︎ ︎
- Syria 2.0, Camera, Centrul de Interes, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 11/09/20-15/10/20
- Macht-Onmacht, Vliet, Zoersel, 11/05-26/05/19
- Riga Photomonth, Open-air projection, Riga, 15/05/19
- Working Title 2, Magma Contemporary Art Space, Sfântu Gheorghe, 7/07-19/08/18
- Land van Fotografie, Ghent, 11/11/2017
- Kunst in Huis @ 80 days of Summer, Sint-Pieters Abdij , Ghent, 30/06-30/08/17
- Photobookshow, 18/08-20/08/17, St Petersburg
- Athens Photo Festival 2017 - Photobook Show, 14/06-30/07/17
- Solo-exhibition, 2015-2017, 16 locations in Flanders
- Book Tour supported by the Romanian Cultural Institute, 12/11-12/12/16, Apuseni Mountains, Romania
- In/Out Transylvania Photo Festival, 27/10/16-06/11/16, Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
- .tiff 2016, 07/10/16-..., FOMU Antwerp
- Gazebook Sicily Photobook Festival (Slideluck screening), 10/09/16, Sicily, Italy
- MAP#47, 30/05 - 05/06/16, KASK/School of Arts, Ghent
Awards & Grants
.tiff 2016, DOC*Werk, ICR Grant for Foreign Cultural Journalists 2016, 1st prize De Donkere Kamer #26, FabHub 2017, Somes Expus 2018
British Journal of Photography, GUP, Ain't Bad, L’Oeil de la Photographie, Workshopx, Musée Magazine, VICE, MONU, Splash & Grab, It's Nice That, Lenscratch, Bird In Flight, Art Narratives, De Standaard, De Morgen, SNOR, Apache.be ...